Okay, so me and Lex are trying to find a hairstyle that works for the both of us, so it's gotta be unisex/androgynous/nongendered. We were thinking shoulder-length or longer for Lex, but we're open to all suggestions. Here's a list of what we're considering, and what's OUT.
â€¢Ponytail (But laid down, more of a male ponytail, not arced up and feminine)
- Works for me, artsy, simple, easy to manage, and for Lex it's the right length for her to let down if she wants. On the other hand, my mom doesn't care for it (though she says she'll go along with it if that's what I want), and none of my friends can see it on me either.
â€¢Layered/Razor kind of cut (not emo)
- Works for me because it's short and I like the look. Unisex, but Lexi would rather have longer hair.
- Same reasons as above.
- In this age, it only works for black people, and I am white. Also, not really a feminine hairstyle anymore.
- Unisex, but doesn't work for white people (IMO). Too short as well.
- VERY unisex, but I'm just not down with the emo scene. Too short anyway.
Anyway, what I'm looking for is other ideas, or opinions on these. It would be preferrable to add a few styles to the possible list though, just so we have more options.
EDIT: Also, just for reference, I'll include a picture of myself, and a picture of how Lex views herself.
(Sorry, this is most recent pic I have. Me and my girlfriend.)
(Closest pic we've found that resembles Lex, though dark brown hair and brown eyes)
"I am not this body. I am in this body, and this is part of my incarnation and I honor it but that isn't who I am." -Ram Dass