Jamie @ 28.5.2008, 7:28 am wrote:Good idea
Unless the girl forgets to remove it
Catechin @ 30.5.2008, 1:17 am wrote:Those are pretty cool to me, as I abhor rape and think anyone who does such a thing deserves that or worse, but it is really sad people even need to use them. There is also "fem defence", a tampon like device that shoots out a big metal spike into whatever is unfortunate enough to rub against it. One could also take it out and proceed to stab the offender while they are rolling on the ground in shock.
Ryles @ 30.5.2008, 9:29 am wrote:Does that one usually need to be removed? I like that idea better- the thought of it getting stuck to the guy while he's still inside the girl was a bit horrible.
1. Mandatory self-defense training for everyone, starting in elementary school. Yes, this would mean that a potential rapist would get the training too; but with brute physical strength meaning a lot less, committing rape would be a lot harder. From what I know, studies have shown that women who fight back against an unarmed assailant are more likely to get away without being raped; this would give more women that chance and ability to fight back.
2. Mandatory firearms training and gun ownership for adults. IIRC, Sweden does this. Controversial (especially among liberals like myself) but it would take care of the problem of armed assailants, which the previous one wouldn't. (Those scenes in movies where the hero goes barehanded against someone armed with a knife? Yeah, very fictional.)
3. True equality: use genetic engineering to eliminate the strength difference between men and women. I'm all in favor of throwing out stupid evolutionary relics, but this is harder than it sounds; it would require untangling sexual maturation from growth, and the human endocrine system is incredibly complex and kludgy. Also, I think a lot of women (and some men, including myself) would object rather strongly to having male-type musculature.
4. Le Guin was right: as above, but make everyone an androgyne with working ovotestes and a uterus. And if you think that sounds insane, I can go one better...
5. The phallus must die: as above, but replace the male penis with something that can't be so conveniently used as a torture instrument. Not sure about the... geometry of such an organ, I'd have to put some effort into figuring out what would do the trick.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests