FtMs: Penetrative Sex?

Discuss various surgical procedures.

FtMs: Penetrative Sex?

Postby Elwood » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:47 pm

I'm not sure if this is in the wrong place, as it is a question about result and not procedure.

I've heard about both phalloplasty and medioplasty from Doc, and both procedures seem ineffective to me.

Phalloplasty makes a more penis-sized appendage, but it does not have much sensation, and it does not harden without assistance. Medioplasty creates a functioning penis-like appendage, but it is quite small, often too small for penetrative sex.

My question is, can post-op FtMs EVER have normal sex with a real penis that is their own?

It seems to me that the only option is using prosthetics, that don't really have sensation. It seems to me that all the surgeries do is make the patient look more male, but it seems as though there are no practical solutions that actually make the person physically male.

And we don't need to discuss cost or anything. I'm talking ALL options. Are there any at all? This isn't just about me, but I just want to know how surgery is looking like for FtMs (I doubt I'd ever be able to go through with the procedure myself, for numerous reasons).

But I do have one question: would medioplasty be more effective early in hormone therapy? I'm thinking if there was room for it to develop, that maybe it would be a more reasonable size?

Men who were born men around the world are trying to enlarge their penises. But they are often NORMAL sized and can manage sex. What about FtMs who can't hardly use their tool at all? I figure that transition isn't JUST about fashion, but also about practicality and use.

I am ALSO under the impression that none of the procedures effect how the FtM pees unless he goes through a risky process of trying to run the urethra through the penis-like appendages. In this case, would he still have to sit to pee (without a caphiter, I mean).
Elwood

Desired Pronouns: Masculine

Re: FtMs: Penetrative Sex?

Postby Gwydion » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:56 am

I'll try to ask about the early medioplasty option tonight, but I may forget so no promises.

I have heard that if one is really lucky with the hormones and gets mediplasty osome people get enough to use, but don't bet on it. I am told that the right strap on design can really help as it does stimulate the mini penis and some harnesses most definately have vibrator pouches.

I know, I know it sucks.

It is quite possible to pee standing up with the equipment you have now, but you'll have to use a stall. This doesn't stand out as much as one would think as some bioguys are pee shy. Also some bioguys pee sitting down habbitually (generally due to bad aim generally, or out of habit if they are heavy drinkers). Some guys have other business in the stalls.
Gwydion

Desired Pronouns: Ze or e zim or eir

Postby Elwood » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:05 am

Christ. It sucks.

But yeah, I guess peeing isn't a major issue. If anyone asks, I could just be honest and say I have "issues" down there...
Image♂
Elwood

Postby Gwydion » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:08 am

It does. Sorry. Trust me, if i could wave a wand (as it were) and fix it, I would.
Gwydion

Postby static nonsense » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:07 pm

e: Aw fuck, I had the link for this somewhere and don't have access to it right now.

I had the exact same issue. Depression ensued and when the options looked dreary, I stopped looking at surgical options altogether. But one thing was found very very recently that may help.

From what I recall, they have successfully transplanted working penii onto rabbits. Grown, if I'm not mistaken. And fully working to the point of being fertile. Granted, they were probably male rabbits, otherwise it wouldn't be fertile. But it says something about the success. They've been researching ways to bring this success to humans, and the trans community is hoping to hop on board.

The article that I read said it would be about 7 years. This article was written a few years ago. So it may be closer than you think. It's just a matter of if you can hold out for it.
Kay - female - she
error - male - he
Zero - agendered - he or they
static nonsense

Postby Elwood » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:25 pm

static nonsense @ Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:07 am wrote:e: Aw fuck, I had the link for this somewhere and don't have access to it right now.

I had the exact same issue. Depression ensued and when the options looked dreary, I stopped looking at surgical options altogether. But one thing was found very very recently that may help.

From what I recall, they have successfully transplanted working penii onto rabbits. Grown, if I'm not mistaken. And fully working to the point of being fertile. Granted, they were probably male rabbits, otherwise it wouldn't be fertile. But it says something about the success. They've been researching ways to bring this success to humans, and the trans community is hoping to hop on board.

The article that I read said it would be about 7 years. This article was written a few years ago. So it may be closer than you think. It's just a matter of if you can hold out for it.
Wow... so if I waited maybe when I'm much older there could be a solution. But I don't want it to be too much older. I feel like I won't be able to have any normal relationships if people saw a man but realized there was something very different in my pants. Both straight girls and gay guys would react very horribly, I'm sure.
Elwood

Postby static nonsense » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:56 pm

Elwood @ Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:25 pm wrote:
static nonsense @ Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:07 am wrote:e: Aw fuck, I had the link for this somewhere and don't have access to it right now.

Wow... so if I waited maybe when I'm much older there could be a solution. But I don't want it to be too much older. I feel like I won't be able to have any normal relationships if people saw a man but realized there was something very different in my pants. Both straight girls and gay guys would react very horribly, I'm sure.

It actually wasn't a case of much older, but more like in the next couple of years or so. The article was dated in either 2002 or 2005, I think? Somewhere around there? So hopefully a good amount of progress has been made and if so, maybe they'll present the information to the world in scientific journals. I'd really like to know how the research turns out, and it can mean more doors open not just for FTMs, but for cisgendered men as well. There's a lot of potential for it.
Kay - female - she
error - male - he
Zero - agendered - he or they
static nonsense

Postby Doc » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:08 pm

Elwood @ Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:25 am wrote: I feel like I won't be able to have any normal relationships if people saw a man but realized there was something very different in my pants. Both straight girls and gay guys would react very horribly, I'm sure.

Or they might not. Do you really want to be intimate with somebody who reacts horribly to your history? If bottom surgery was perfect and your sexual partners never knew you were different, would you be having 'normal' relationships?

Btw, as Gwydion observes, you can get a lot of great sensation from the right strap-on, with your gear just as it is.
We'll fight, we'll fight for your music halls and dying cities
They'll fight, they'll fight for your neural walls and plasticities
Precious territories
Doc

Desired Pronouns: he his him

Postby Elwood » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:06 pm

Doc @ Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:08 pm wrote:
Elwood @ Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:25 am wrote: I feel like I won't be able to have any normal relationships if people saw a man but realized there was something very different in my pants. Both straight girls and gay guys would react very horribly, I'm sure.

Or they might not. Do you really want to be intimate with somebody who reacts horribly to your history? If bottom surgery was perfect and your sexual partners never knew you were different, would you be having 'normal' relationships?

Btw, as Gwydion observes, you can get a lot of great sensation from the right strap-on, with your gear just as it is.
I think it would be a whole lot easier if it were more effective in looking like a penis...

I also talked to some other people (girls, mostly) and they said that small penises are alright for stimulation. But I'm mostly worried about men. Because the prostate's pretty damn far in there...
Elwood

Postby Gwydion » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:58 am

Elwood, I double checked on Medioplasty tonight. Your best bet is pumping while taking hormones for the suggested couple of years. The mod will send me do it yourself directions, which I'll pass on when they get here. I am told the homemade equipment is cheap. I totally thought this was urban legend, so I'm glad I checked on your behalf.
Gwydion

Postby Elwood » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:20 am

Gwydion @ Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:58 pm wrote:Elwood, I double checked on Medioplasty tonight. Your best bet is pumping while taking hormones for the suggested couple of years. The mod will send me do it yourself directions, which I'll pass on when they get here. I am told the homemade equipment is cheap. I totally thought this was urban legend, so I'm glad I checked on your behalf.
Excellent. @3@;; You are such a help!

@ static nonsense: I'm totally with you on that. If stem cell research was freakin' legalized, we wouldn't be having this problem... so much, anyway. They don't even have to grow a whole penis, but they could make penile tissue to help construct one.
Elwood

Postby Gwydion » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:06 am

I have an extremely cool/accepting Gender Group locally, where I can get answers to questions i didn't even think to ask.
Gwydion

Postby Clark » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:26 pm

Has there been any new discoveries in this area? It's been about 3 and a half years since the last post. I know that's not enough time for a miracle, but has anyone else come across something more ... realistic?
Commonly used phrase: ". . . Ah, shit."
Clark

Desired Pronouns: No preference

Return to Surgical Procedures Discussions