Trigender

A place for Androgyne, Genderqueer, Intergendered and others to discuss issues specific to them.

Trigender

Postby ericc » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:29 pm

Usually I identify as Angrogyne / Bigender but someone told me that I might be Trigendered. I was wondering if someone can tell me a little more about it. I heard that it's genderless, Masculine and Feminine depending on the mood of the indivisual.
Support Asperger's Syndrome

_Eric
ericc
 
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:03 pm
Gender: Trigender Non-Binary
Desired Pronouns: person mostly

Re: Trigender

Postby Kinkly » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:28 am

If you are basicaly always in one of three possitions on a gender scale then you might be trigender but if you slide between those three placesthen you might be more fluid if you have three internal "voices" each with there own gender then you might be more multi if you see yourself as always being in one of three places (genderwise then trigender fits if you have three main places but slide between then you may be a fluid trigender. I say may because only you should label yourself
User avatar
Kinkly
 
Posts: 254
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:42 pm
Location: Brisbane Qld Australia
Gender: femy fluid M2WtF
Desired Pronouns: sie zee

Re: Trigender

Postby ericc » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:16 am

I know that my voice does change when I am in the different genders, I know that I dramaticly change to a gender depending on what mood I'm in. So it's hard to say.
Support Asperger's Syndrome

_Eric
ericc
 
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:03 pm
Gender: Trigender Non-Binary
Desired Pronouns: person mostly

Re: Trigender

Postby EJA » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:04 pm

You sound almost genderfluid, which is (correct me if I didn't word it right/am wrong) moving throughout the gender spectrum at will depending on mood, situation, whatever.
"Put this wig on, little boy."
User avatar
EJA
 
Posts: 1381
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:35 pm
Gender: male
Desired Pronouns: he

Re: Trigender

Postby ericc » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:16 pm

EJA wrote:You sound almost genderfluid, which is (correct me if I didn't word it right/am wrong) moving throughout the gender spectrum at will depending on mood, situation, whatever.


Yeah, I don't know.

This is the video that I posted on YouTube and where the person commented me about being Trigender.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XAKu7XWebQ
Support Asperger's Syndrome

_Eric
ericc
 
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:03 pm
Gender: Trigender Non-Binary
Desired Pronouns: person mostly

Re: Trigender

Postby EJA » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:22 pm

ericc wrote:
EJA wrote:You sound almost genderfluid, which is (correct me if I didn't word it right/am wrong) moving throughout the gender spectrum at will depending on mood, situation, whatever.


Yeah, I don't know.

This is the video that I posted on YouTube and where the person commented me about being Trigender.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XAKu7XWebQ


Hey, that actually makes a lot of sense. Since I'm not you I don't want to tell you how you feel (I can't do that, of course). You don't need to put a label on what you are. Personally, I don't really know what to call myself either because there are times when I want to be extremely male/masculine, and other times when I want to be more androgynous-male/male neutrois. But either way, I always want to be male. But the neutrois part might just be from my fear of letting go of the 'female' me, which I've pretended to be for so long....hm.

I'm getting off subject, lol >.>;; Anyway. I've never heard of tri-gender before but it can definitely be plausible - a male, female, and neutrois/neutral gender. That would be if, as Ryles said, you are almost always in those rigid categories.

The best(/only) thing to do is just wait. In time you'll figure yourself out more and more, answer some questions about yourself, and ask new ones. It's so confusing trying to label yourself, isn't it? >.<
"Put this wig on, little boy."
User avatar
EJA
 
Posts: 1381
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:35 pm
Gender: male
Desired Pronouns: he

Re: Trigender

Postby ericc » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:55 pm

Yeah. I remember that I would identify as Androgyne / Bigender until that person on youtube said that I was talking more about Trigender which I didn't know existed either. I'm not sure the difference between Trigender and Genderfluid.
Support Asperger's Syndrome

_Eric
ericc
 
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:03 pm
Gender: Trigender Non-Binary
Desired Pronouns: person mostly

Re: Trigender

Postby EJA » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:13 pm

ericc wrote:Yeah. I remember that I would identify as Androgyne / Bigender until that person on youtube said that I was talking more about Trigender which I didn't know existed either. I'm not sure the difference between Trigender and Genderfluid.


Assuming trigender means a masculine, feminine, and neutral role...

Tri-gender means you have very rigid genders: Sometimes you feel female, sometimes you feel male, and sometimes you feel andrognous/neutrois/neutral, but never in between. You never feel "sort of" male and "sort of" female, etc - it's just one or the other or neither. Three stops on the gender spectrum. Genderfluid means that instead of always being one of the three, you move freely throughout the gender spectrum, meaning you do sometimes feel "sort of" male and "sort of" female, etc. It's less rigid in that you do not always feel like one of the three stops (female/male/neutrois) on the gender spectrum, but anywhere on the gender spectrum at any given time.
"Put this wig on, little boy."
User avatar
EJA
 
Posts: 1381
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:35 pm
Gender: male
Desired Pronouns: he

Re: Trigender

Postby ericc » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:44 pm

EJA wrote:
ericc wrote:Yeah. I remember that I would identify as Androgyne / Bigender until that person on youtube said that I was talking more about Trigender which I didn't know existed either. I'm not sure the difference between Trigender and Genderfluid.


Assuming trigender means a masculine, feminine, and neutral role...

Tri-gender means you have very rigid genders: Sometimes you feel female, sometimes you feel male, and sometimes you feel andrognous/neutrois/neutral, but never in between. You never feel "sort of" male and "sort of" female, etc - it's just one or the other or neither. Three stops on the gender spectrum. Genderfluid means that instead of always being one of the three, you move freely throughout the gender spectrum, meaning you do sometimes feel "sort of" male and "sort of" female, etc. It's less rigid in that you do not always feel like one of the three stops (female/male/neutrois) on the gender spectrum, but anywhere on the gender spectrum at any given time.


Hmm, very interesting. I think I'm Tri-Gender because it's like I feel like I'm on rigids.
Sometimes I feel completely feminine, others completely masculine, but most of the time I'm genderless. It happens at random or spiciffic times. Like If I'm having spontaneous fun, I feel Masculine. If I have a crush (usually with Masculine Women) I feel Feminine. If I'm not feeling any emotion at all or just plain, I'm Genderless.
Support Asperger's Syndrome

_Eric
ericc
 
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:03 pm
Gender: Trigender Non-Binary
Desired Pronouns: person mostly

Re: Trigender

Postby Garçonne » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:02 pm

ericc wrote:Yeah, I don't know.

This is the video that I posted on YouTube and where the person commented me about being Trigender.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XAKu7XWebQ


Another androgyne with Asperger's? (Sorry for the derail.)
Garçonne
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:06 am
Gender: androgyne
Desired Pronouns: whatever

Re: Trigender

Postby ericc » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:40 pm

Garçonne wrote:
ericc wrote:Yeah, I don't know.

This is the video that I posted on YouTube and where the person commented me about being Trigender.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XAKu7XWebQ


Another androgyne with Asperger's? (Sorry for the derail.)


Are you Aspie and Non-Binary Genered too? Awesome! We should chat sometime :)
Support Asperger's Syndrome

_Eric
ericc
 
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:03 pm
Gender: Trigender Non-Binary
Desired Pronouns: person mostly

Re: Trigender

Postby ericc » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:18 pm

I've been trying to research more on Trigender but it's even rare in the Google search results. I'm shocked.
It's not even on Wikipedia.
Support Asperger's Syndrome

_Eric
ericc
 
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:03 pm
Gender: Trigender Non-Binary
Desired Pronouns: person mostly

Re: Trigender

Postby ericc » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:28 pm

Is anyone here Trigendered?
Support Asperger's Syndrome

_Eric
ericc
 
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:03 pm
Gender: Trigender Non-Binary
Desired Pronouns: person mostly

Re: Trigender

Postby Allosaurus2 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:25 am

I honestly wouldn't expect much from Wikipedia about specific non-binary gender labels. The definitions for many of them aren't solidly defined and they definitely aren't mainstream yet.

I always thought the exact genders involved in bigender or trigender were irrelevant. As long as there is obvious switching between two or three distinct genders respectively, what does it matter what they actually are?
User avatar
Allosaurus2
 
Posts: 401
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 10:13 pm
Location: Oregon
Gender: Neutrois
Desired Pronouns: Just my name will do

Re: Trigender

Postby ericc » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:39 am

Allosaurus2 wrote:I honestly wouldn't expect much from Wikipedia about specific non-binary gender labels. The definitions for many of them aren't solidly defined and they definitely aren't mainstream yet.

I always thought the exact genders involved in bigender or trigender were irrelevant. As long as there is obvious switching between two or three distinct genders respectively, what does it matter what they actually are?


Though when I switch from gender to gender, I feel like I'm different people sort of.
Support Asperger's Syndrome

_Eric
ericc
 
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:03 pm
Gender: Trigender Non-Binary
Desired Pronouns: person mostly

Re: Trigender

Postby ericc » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:23 pm

Oh by the way, I just started a Trigender article for Wikipedia. I was wondering if anyone would like to contribute to it please. Thank you :) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trigender
Support Asperger's Syndrome

_Eric
ericc
 
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:03 pm
Gender: Trigender Non-Binary
Desired Pronouns: person mostly

My Feminine Side

Postby ericc » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:09 am

One of the things that I've noticed about me is I'm on my Feminine side at night and early morning when I get up. I feel like I change to a different person at night pretending that I have a boyfriend (female bodied / Masculine gendered). Then I get up and I feel that I have to transition to another gender other than Feminine because my parents are usually walking around in the hallway right next to my door so I have to make sure that my voice isn't so high pitched to them and my gender behavor is genderless.

I'm not sure if I can say that I wished that I was a girl because I have an irreverent sense of humor and that's kind of my Masculine side but I don't want to be too masculine because that's not me.

I've written another thread about how my parents are questioning my hair being long and so I just need to stand up for myself.

My parents question me if I was going to crossdress. Like I've mentioned in the "Parents Questioning my Hair forum" it's hard to tell when I'm not in my Feminine Gender.

Like I've mentioned in a few posts, I'm attracted to female bodied Masculine Gendered Women. I feel more and more Feminine when I am attracted or have a crush. So if I ever was in a dating situation, I'm not sure how I would act Gender wise or if I was ever married. It's hard to tell.

I noticed that my body has female features like my behind, hips and breasts (Gynecomastia). I'm not horrably fat or anything, my doctor doesn't know why I have Gynecomastia. I think I've had it at birth. So that's a part of me that feels like I'm a girl too.

Like I've said, I don't feel like I'm a Non-Op Transwoman though I wouldn't mind being the girlfriend or wife someday to a Masculine female.

So that's just basicly my thoughts on my Feminine side.
Support Asperger's Syndrome

_Eric
ericc
 
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:03 pm
Gender: Trigender Non-Binary
Desired Pronouns: person mostly

Trigender Fustrations

Postby ericc » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:19 pm

Even though I am proud of who and what I am, there are fusterations that come with it.
[*] Masculine Non-Binary Women to date is so hard to find
[*]My Feminine side starts up and night and morning, I usually have to force myself to stop being feminine in the morning due to my parents always being up and around my bedroom door, but I probably already mentioned that within my last post.
[*]Can't really find friends to relate too, everyone else in the society that I live in seems to conform to the stupid Gender Binary System.

I don't mean to sound heterophobic or anything but I'm starting to get even more fusterated when I look at society. It seems like Heterosexuals were the ones who made the theory of Gender Binary, forcing everyone to conform to Gender Norms, etc. You see HeteroBinaries more than anyone else in Society, Well at least where I'm from New England, USA.

It get's harder and harder to come out of the closet more and be myself when living with my parents because they don't get it, they don't understand it other than crude stereotypes and I don't have friends in my social life to back me up.

I seriously think that LGBT even Transgender communites seriously need to make Non-Binaries alot more reconizable within the world and the communites.
Support Asperger's Syndrome

_Eric
ericc
 
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:03 pm
Gender: Trigender Non-Binary
Desired Pronouns: person mostly

Re: Trigender

Postby ericc » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:17 am

I'm just curious, am I the only one here who;s Trigendered? I tried to search other Trigender Topics here am only mine were in the search results.
Support Asperger's Syndrome

_Eric
ericc
 
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:03 pm
Gender: Trigender Non-Binary
Desired Pronouns: person mostly

Re: Trigender

Postby Kass-ID » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:00 am

I think a lot of people are going through the same thing you are going through, but might not use the term trigender, because they never heard or thought of it till you brought it up. Trigender is a really narrow definition when separated out from bigender and gender fluid. Not that that's bad, just that it means a lot of people can go through exactly what you are going through, but have a different definitional understanding of "rigid" and therefor consider themselves genderfluid. Or have a different definitional understanding of "nongendered" and consider themselves bigender.
Yay, we're doomed! - Gir
User avatar
Kass-ID
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1678
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:08 am
Location: Northern California
Gender: queer-fluid-variant
Desired Pronouns: any and all

Next

Return to Androgyne/Genderqueer/Intergendered Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron